Located in the state of Maharashtra, India, the Kalsubai Trek offers an exhilarating experience for adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers. Rising to an elevation of 1,646 meters (5,400 feet), Mount Kalsubai stands as the highest peak in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra. The trek takes you through picturesque landscapes, lush greenery, and challenging terrains, culminating in panoramic views from the summit.
Kalsubai Trek is a popular destination for both seasoned trekkers and beginners seeking a thrilling outdoor adventure. The trek starts from the base village of Bari, which serves as a gateway to the majestic mountain. As you ascend, you’ll encounter scenic trails, meandering streams, and a blend of rocky and forested paths.
One of the highlights of the Kalsubai Trek is the Kalsubai Temple, nestled near the summit. This revered temple attracts devotees and trekkers alike, offering a spiritual respite amid the natural beauty. From the temple, a final stretch of steep rock patches challenges trekkers to conquer the summit. Once you reach the top, you’ll be rewarded with breathtaking vistas of the surrounding Sahyadri mountain range and the vast expanse below.
The Kalsubai Trek is a popular hiking trail in Maharashtra, India. It takes you to the summit of Mount Kalsubai, the highest peak in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra. Here’s a full itinerary for the Kalsubai Trek:
1. Start from your location and travel to the base village of Bari, which is approximately 165 kilometers from Mumbai and 180 kilometers from Pune.
2. Reach Bari village by early morning or mid-morning, depending on your starting point.
3. Have a hearty breakfast in the village or carry packed meals with you.
4. Begin the trek from Bari village, which is the starting point of the Kalsubai Trek.
5. The initial trail is a well-marked path that passes through lush green fields and small streams.
6. As you ascend, you’ll come across several stone steps, which can be a bit challenging but manageable.
7. There are a few rest stops along the way where you can take breaks, hydrate, and enjoy the scenic views.
8. After a few hours of trekking, you’ll reach the Kalsubai Temple, located near the summit.
9. Take a break at the temple, offer prayers if you wish, and enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
10. From the temple, a final stretch of steep rock patches awaits you.
11. Climb carefully and steadily, using the railings and ropes installed for assistance.
12. Reach the summit of Mount Kalsubai, which stands at an elevation of 1,646 meters (5,400 feet).
13. Celebrate your achievement, soak in the breathtaking views, and take memorable pictures.
14. Descend back to Bari village following the same route.
15. Reach the base village by evening, and find accommodation if you plan to stay overnight.
16. Have a delicious dinner and rest for the night.
1. Wake up early to catch the sunrise from the Kalsubai Trek trail or enjoy a leisurely morning in the village.
2. Have breakfast and explore the surroundings of Bari village.
3. Visit nearby attractions like the Ratangad Fort or the Harishchandragad Fort if you have additional time and energy.
4. Alternatively, you can start your journey back to your home or proceed to your next destination.
Please note that this itinerary is a general guide, and the actual duration of the trek and timings may vary depending on your pace, weather conditions, and other factors. It’s always recommended to carry sufficient water, snacks, and proper trekking gear for a safe and enjoyable experience.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Kalsubai for trekking is during the winter and post-monsoon months, from November to February. The weather during this period is relatively cooler and pleasant, making it ideal for outdoor activities like trekking.
Here’s a breakdown of the seasons and their characteristics:
1. Winter (November to February): This is the most popular time to visit Kalsubai. The temperature ranges from 10 to 25 degrees Celsius (50 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit) during the day, while it can drop to 5 degrees Celsius (41 degrees Fahrenheit) or lower at night. The weather is generally clear, providing excellent visibility and panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
2. Post-Monsoon (September to October): After the monsoon season, the landscape around Kalsubai turns lush green and beautiful. The temperature during this time ranges from 15 to 30 degrees Celsius (59 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit). However, the trails may be slippery due to occasional showers, so it’s advisable to exercise caution while trekking.
It’s important to note that Kalsubai experiences heavy rainfall during the monsoon season (June to August), which makes the trekking trails slippery and risky. It’s generally not recommended to trek during this period due to safety concerns.
During the summer months (March to May), the temperature in Kalsubai can soar above 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit). The scorching heat and high humidity make trekking uncomfortable, especially during the daytime.
To have the best trekking experience with pleasant weather and clear views, plan your visit to Kalsubai during the winter or post-monsoon season. However, always check the weather conditions and forecasts before embarking on your trek to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip.
How to Reach
To reach the Kalsubai Trek, you need to reach the base village of Bari, which is the starting point for the trek. Here are the different ways to reach Bari village:
1. By Road:
– From Mumbai: Bari village is approximately 165 kilometers (102 miles) away from Mumbai. You can take a private vehicle or hire a taxi from Mumbai. The journey usually takes around 3-4 hours, depending on traffic conditions and the route taken.
– From Pune: Bari village is about 180 kilometers (112 miles) away from Pune. You can drive to Bari village via private vehicle or hire a taxi. The journey typically takes around 4-5 hours, depending on the route and traffic.
2. By Public Transport:
– From Mumbai: You can take a train from Mumbai to Kasara Railway Station, which is the nearest railway station to Bari village. From Kasara, you can hire a local taxi or board a shared jeep to reach Bari village. The total travel time is approximately 3-4 hours.
– From Pune: Take a train or bus from Pune to Igatpuri, which is the closest major town to Bari village. From Igatpuri, you can hire a local taxi or take a shared jeep to reach Bari village. The journey from Pune to Bari village takes around 4-5 hours.
It’s recommended to check the train and bus schedules in advance and plan your journey accordingly. Additionally, hiring a local guide or trekking group can provide assistance in navigating the route and ensuring a smoother journey.
Please note that the transportation options and routes may vary, and it’s advisable to verify the current information and make necessary arrangements before embarking on your trip to the Kalsubai Trek.
How to6 months ago
Answered: Your Most Burning Questions on Pharmacy
How to3 months ago
Top 11 Warning Signs That You’re Not Drinking Enough Water
How to6 months ago
The Quickest & Best Option to Pharmacy
How to2 months ago
12 Amazing Benefits of Eating Dates
How to2 months ago
8 Major Reasons Why You Should buy Pet Insurance
News4 months ago
There was a ‘wall of caviar’ at Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston’s lavish wedding: Michael Rappaport claims
Technology5 months ago
Key features and functionalities of an effective student tracking system
How to5 months ago
First time on Facebook? Here’s How to Create an Account